Cost-Effective Archiving & Searching of Portal Content
The Microsoft SharePoint Bundle from ZyLAB combines the collaborative, sharing, and access capabilities of SharePoint with the enhanced archiving, search, and text analytics features of ZyLAB.
Our software captures and indexes the unwieldy data from SharePoint servers and archives it as part of the overall information management strategy. Our long-term, XML-based storage and ability to full text-search large volumes of unstructured data (including wikis, blogs, etc.) enhance the value of SharePoint and reduce storage costs. Users may apply the same policies set for other data and select which files must be archived in a certified long-term ZyLAB archive and which files should be purged at set intervals.
Features & Functions
- Migrates wikis, blogs, discussions and documents in Microsoft Office SharePoint, SharePoint Server and SharePoint Services to an open and sustainable XML repository
- Connect your documents in the ZyLAB data repository with your InfoPath forms
- Search content in 400+ foreign languages and 700+ file formats, including complex nested e-mails with attachments, bitmaps, and compressed files
- 100% recall of potentially relevant SharePoint content—not just the obvious search hits
- Full-text, fuzzy, wildcard, key field, multi-directional OCR, and several other complex search tools
- Apply lengthy negotiated Booleans that are common in e-discovery but not possible with SharePoint’s 64 query (keyword) limitation
- Rank hits by relevance and highlight them to simplify review
- Out of the box compliance with many (international) standards
- Plug into SharePoint’s Federated Search framework to consolidate search results over different data sources
- Batch archiving
- Support for expiration policies
- Integrate with ZyLAB Professional Text Mining for extracting facts, entities, and concepts from unstructured data in SharePoint.
- Integrate with the ZyLAB eDiscovery & Production System for rapid response to discovery requests
- Optimize Microsoft SharePoint content in preparation for potential legal e-discoveries (for instance US-FRCP), European Compliance investigations, and internal security and auditing
- Enhance SharePoint’s search functionality
- Reduce storage costs by offloading your SharePoint server content to ZyLAB’s non-proprietary XML archives that reside on the file system of your choice.
- Eliminate the need for costly SharePoint upgrades, additional SQL licenses, maintenance and proprietary back-up and encryption tools
- De-duplicating data in the archive to help optimize SharePoint performance
- Enabling large amounts of unstructured data to be processed (indexed, searched, culled) without restrictions on the size and number of documents
- Avoid costly and complex data migrations when content needs to be transferred to 3rd parties (i.e., National Archives, opposing counsel, etc.)
- Provide a fully scalable infrastructure and archiving solution for content that is growing exponentially.
« Return to ZyLAB Compliance & Litigation Readiness System Overview